South African National HIV Prevalence, Incidence, Behaviour and Communication Survey, 2008: A Turning Tide Among Teenagers? by W. Parker, J. van Zyl, O. Shisana, N. Mbelle, T. Rehle, V. Pillay-van-Wyk, K. Zuma, L. C. Simbayi, N.P. Zungu, S. Jooste (Paperback, 2009)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionSouth Africa's first national, household sero-prevalence survey of HIV and AIDS was conducted in 2002. A second survey was completed in 2005 and this, the third, in 2008. This report provides an analysis of trends across the three surveys and begins to map the ways in which the shape of the pandemic in South Africa has changed since 2002. Indicators for assessing mid-term progress made in implementing South Africa's National Strategic Plan on HIV and AIDS, 2007-2011 are also provided. These findings will continue to inform policies and programmes with updated statistics and information and will be invaluable to policy-makers and strategic planners, health professionals, the media, researchers and academics.
- Author BiographyThe Human Sciences Research Councilis the largest social science research organization in Africa conducting large-scale, uses-driven, policy-oriented social science research and collaborating on social problems of national significance to Southern Africa.
- Author(s)J. van Zyl,K. Zuma,L. C. Simbayi,N. Mbelle,N.P. Zungu,O. Shisana,S. Jooste,T. Rehle,V. Pillay-van-Wyk,W. Parker
- PublisherHSRC Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2009
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationCape Town
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintHSRC Press
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight405 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.