All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.32Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionSouth Manchester Remembered is a fascinating compilation of articles written by author and South Manchester Reporter columnist Graham Phythian. Take a stalgic journey into South Manchester's colourful past with this rich collection of tales from bygone days in Didsbury, Chorlton, Levenshulme, Rusholme, Northenden, and surrounding districts. Among the topics featured here are sporting events (such as catching a greased pig), marathons, the two world wars, ghosts, murders, and even buried treasure! Local people are also recalled, including a Channel swimmer and an Oscar winner. Readable, informative and entertaining, this richly illustrated volume will intrigue and delight everyone who kws and loves the city of Manchester.
- Author BiographyGraham Phythian writes a local history column for the South Manchester Reporter and is a regular contributor to Soccer History magazine. He is the author of five books on regional and sport history, including Colossus: The True Story of William Foulke.
- Author(s)Graham Phythian
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2012
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.