All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $20.14Trending at AU $35.29
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.96
- AU $31.33Trending at AU $36.98
- AU $18.33Trending at AU $19.84
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $19.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $45.58
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $37.23
About this product
- DescriptionRussell Crenshaw's riveting account of the savage night battle for the Solomon Islands in early 1943 offers listeners a unique insider's perspective from the decks of one of the destroyers that bore the brunt of the struggle. Drawing on his experience as a gunnery officer in the USS Maury, Crenshaw's vivid, balanced, and detailed narrative includes the Battle of Tassafaronga in November 1942 and Vella Gulf in August 1943, actions that earned his warship a Presidential Unit Citation and sixteen battle stars. Crenshaw also discusses the impact of radar and voice radio, the shortcomings of U.S. torpedoes and gunfire, and the devastating effectiveness of Japan's super torpedo.
- Author BiographyRussell Sydnor Crenshaw, Jr., commanded numerous weapons ships during his naval career. He is the author of Naval Shiphandling and The Battle of Tassafaronga. Alan Bomar Jones is an international stage actor who has appeared in over sixty professional theatrical shows. His offstage credits include two made-for-TV movies, several independent films, and various local commercials, as well as audiobooks.
- Author(s)Russell Sydnor Crenshaw
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication05/09/2011
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight72 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsMP3 format
- Running Time600
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.