All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- Description75th anniversary edition of the timeless New Zealand classic of adventure at sea. Johnny Wray's gripping and often hilarious account of his adventures around the South Pacific has inspired readers and changed lives since its first publication 75 years ago. Fired from his day job during the Great Depression, Johnny begged, borrowed and stole the materials to build his famous yacht Ngataki. With some mates for company and a sextant to steer by, he set sail for the palm-fringed atolls and islands of his dreams - to discover they really did exist. But South Sea Vagabonds is much more than just a ripping yarn; it is a heartfelt hymn to the possibility of living a free life and truly being the master of one's own destiny.
- Author BiographyJ.W. (Johnny) Wray was fired from his office job during the Great Depression, took it as sign from God, taught himself how to build and sail a boat, and embarked on a lifetime's adventure chasing his dream around the islands of the South Pacific, becoming an inspiration to generations.
- Author(s)Johnny Wray
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers (New Zealand)
- Date of Publication01/10/2016
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationAuckland
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers (New Zealand)
- Weight288 g
- Width131 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.