Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionWith the aim of encouraging families to get out into the fresh air and explore the countryside together, this collection of trails includes easy walks suitable for pushchairs as well as more strenuous routes for adventurous older children. The 20 walks all have in common the beautiful landscape of south west Wales including coastal routes, mountain climbs and town trails. Take on the challenge of Worms Head on Gower, involving an exciting scramble at low tide to reach Outer Head, or bag one of the Carmarthenshire Fans and take in their breathtaking, paramic views. Explore the fascinating history of Roman and medieval towns or follow animal characters through woodland and waterside trails. From the power of the rugged west Wales coastline to the tranquillity of the Alpine-like Afan forestry, the trails uncover Wales' glorious landscape and showcase one of the most diverse corners of the UK.
- Author BiographyRebecca Lees is a freelance journalist and writer who has written for many national publications and organisations including Trinity Mirror, Visit Wales, The Daily Express, Gocompare.com, Drugscope, Macmillan Cancer Support, Bella and the Big Issue. She also works as a freelance researcher for BBC Wales. Her trails book Heritage Walks in South East Wales was published by Sigma Press in 2012 and featured on BBC Wales' popular Weatherman Walking programme, presented by Derek Brockway. Rebecca also writes fiction, with short stories published in a number of anthologies. Rebecca lives with her family in south Wales and is now working on a second book of children's walking trails.
- Author(s)Rebecca Lees
- PublisherSigma Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2014
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationWilmslow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSigma Press
- Content Note60 black & white
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.