All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis series of books provides a fresh user-friendly look at the military airfields of the British Isles. The series is split geographically, each book including a number of counties on a regional basis. Entries cover every military airfield within the counties, from WW1 to the present day and comprise: brief history of the airfield, construction and use including decoy sites; comprehensive list of flying units with dates and aircraft types; list of HQ units based at the airfield; details of memorials; maps and plans of almost every airfield; location details; and selection of period photographs. Military aviation began in this region, and southwestern England remained important thereafter with training and Coastal Command bases during WWII; but its finest hour came with the launch of airborne operations on D Day, 1944. Post -war the area's importance dwindled, but for those marooned at sea, and for the transport squadrons of the RAF, the extant airfields of the region remain highly significant.
- Author BiographyKen Delve left the RAF after a twenty-year flying career to become Editor of Flypast magazine and subsequently Editor-in-Chief with Key Publishing with responsibility for eight aviation magazines. An established author, he also lectures on RAF history.
- Author(s)Ken Delve
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication28/04/2006
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleMilitary Airfields of Britain
- Place of PublicationRamsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Content Note250 b&w photographs and diagrams
- Weight600 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.