All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA riveting story of courage, hope and extraordinary adventure. You will hardly read a more fascinating account of a convict's voyage to Australia Australian Book Review Thirteen-year-old Barnaby Fletch is a bag-and-bones orphan in London in the late 1700s. Barnaby lives on his wits and ill-gotten gains, on streets seething with the press of the throng and shadowed by sinister figures. Life is a precarious business. When he hears of a paradise on the other side of the world- a place called Botany Bay - he decides to commit a crime and get himself transported to a new life, a better life. To succeed, he must survive the trials of Newgate Prison, the stinking hull of a prison ship and the unkwn terrors of a journey across the world. And Botany Bay is far from the paradise Barnaby has imagined. When his past and present suddenly collide, he is soon fleeing for his life - once again.
- Author BiographyJohn Marsden grew up in three states of Australia, and now lives in Victoria. John started his own school in 2006. Candlebark is in a beautiful forest near Hanging Rock, and is John's proudest achievement. John has published more than 40 books, including the bestselling The Tomorrow Series. John is one of Australia's biggest selling and most awarded authors.
- Author(s)John Marsden
- PublisherPan Macmillan Australia
- Date of Publication24/11/2015
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMacmillan Australia
- Weight483 g
- Width154 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.27
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $21.72Trending at AU $24.60
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $20.46
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.62Trending at AU $22.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.