All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $33.83
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.93
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $23.03Trending at AU $36.71
- AU $23.48Trending at AU $29.32
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $33.82
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $33.26
About this product
- DescriptionSOUTHERN COOKING: More Than 250 Secrets Southern Recipes Southern cooking has become synymous with comfort food, food that just feels good to eat. This is evident in many recipes in this cookbook, including the famous chicken and waffles, mac and cheese, and rich buttermilk bread. However, spice is ather quality of Southern food. Bright vibrant flavors that are full of taste and texture are a significant component of Southern foods. Recipes like the spicy jambalaya, Cajun spiced steak, and baked beans are standard Southern fare. The recipes in this cookbook span the region, having been born as far rth as the Eastern seaboard region of the Carolinas all the way South to the swampy wetlands of Louisiana. Each location has added its unique flare to their variations of recipes, infusing a specific taste, feeling, and personality to its cooking. To experience Southern cooking is essential to understanding the Southern way of life. Southern cooking has typically been a method of forging family bonds, overcoming adversity, and persevering through the strength found in these foods. The practice of sitting around a table and sharing a home cooked meal is at the core of Southern values, thus these recipes are t just perfected by time; they are loved, hored and respected. After downloading this book you will learn... -Chapter 1: 36 SOUTHERN APPETIZERS SNACK RECIPES36 -Chapter 2: 44 SOUTHERN SOUPS AND STEWS RECIPES44 -Chapter 3: 35 SOUTHERN BREAKFAST AND BRUNCH RECIPES35 -Chapter 4: 48 SOUTHERN MAIN DISH RECIPES48 -Chapter 5: 42 SOUTHERN SIDE DISH RECIPES42 -Chapter 6: 33 SOUTHERN DESSERT RECIPES33 -Chapter 7: 30 Easy Crock Pot Recipes -Much, Much More!
- Author BiographySouth Carolina Born Chef. April. A Southern Food Authority And Writer, Edited, Collaborated On More Than 40 Cookbooks, Written Simple And Straightforward Advice Around Food And Nutrition, Making Suggestions For Planning Meals For Busy People Who Want Something Healthy And Nutritious Without The Need For Complex Or Time Consuming Cooking. Firstly you need to know about me is that I'm a country Women at heart. I spent my youth on a farm in Alsace where my mother and grandmother taught me to eat and cook according to the seasons. It was there I fell in love with food--fresh herbs and vegetables and the warmth of our local flavours. Though I've been living an urban life since 1993, I'm still most at home in the country. Since my departure from South Carolina, I've lived, trained, and cooked all over Italy, Bangkok, Singapore, India, Boston, and Houston. Now, I'm rooted in Houston. Wherever I go, I always want to cook both globally and locally. If you've been to my restaurants, you've probably guessed that I love Asian flavours. My first trip to the open-air market in INDIA remains one of my most influential culinary experiences, and I've since adopted those herbs and spices as my own. As for life outside the kitchen, I enjoy relaxing with my family. In the country, I often go fishing in my little pond and, while the weather's still nice, chop wood for the fireplace. In the city, I take my chefs out to eat after work and catch up with friends when we're cooking together for charity events. The green market is one of my favorite places to stroll. I guess you can see that I love food. It's my passion. It's my life.
- Author(s)April Kelsey
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication16/03/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight449 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.