All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionAs part of the Aviation Heritage Trail series, the airfields and interest in this book are concentrated in a particular area - in this case West Sussex, Hampshire, Dorset, Wiltshire and Cornwall. The South and South-west of England emerged from six years of war with a rich diversity of RAF bomber and fighter airfields used by the 2nd Tactical Air Force, both before and after the D-Day landings. Much of this proud legacy is w threatening to disappear. However, the tourist can combine visits to an abundance of disused and active airfields, country houses and museums with countless attractions, imaginative locations and broadland and coastal hideaways that have equal. The airfields and other places of interest include Hartford Bridge, Lasham, Westhamptonett,Merston, Odiham, Holmsley South, Funtington, Hurn, Ford, Tangmere, Ibsley, Perranporth, Thruxton, Thorney Island, Appledram, Selesy,Needs Oar Point, Zeals, Lee-on-Solent and Bogr Regis. This book looks at the history and personalities associated with each base, what remains today and explores the favourite local wartime haunts where aircrew and ground crew would have sought well-deserved entertainment and relaxation. Other museums and places that are relevant will also be described and general directions on how to get them included.
- Author BiographyPeter Jacobs is a serving RAF Group Captain and has previously written Battle of Britain - 11 Group and co-written Bomb Aimer Over Berlin for P&S.
- Author(s)Peter Jacobs
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication15/02/2013
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationSouth Yorkshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Aviation
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.