All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.64Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionSoutherners, Too? challenges the view that southern heritage refers to white southerners only by revealing that, historically and culturally, African-Americans have been integral to southern life and history. In much of the public and scholarly debates on the display of the Confederate flag, southern heritage has been seen in the context of the white south. Although there are some published works on the black southerner, in the debate and in some of the literature, African-Americans are either invisible or appear in an ambivalent manner. The intent of this work is to encourage a new focus on the Black South.
- Author BiographyAlton Hornsby, Jr. is Fuller E. Callaway Professor of History at Morehouse College and former Editor of the Journal of Negro History. He holds a Ph.D. in History from the University of Texas.
- Author(s)Alton Hornsby
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication28/09/2004
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight435 g
- Width179 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.