All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionSovereign debt is a complex and highly topical area of law and this work represents a new main reference book on the subject bringing together contributions from world leading practitioners, scholars and regulators. Divided into five parts the book opens with a part on restructuring which analyses contractual provisions and the role of institutions such as the International Monetary Fund. The second part, on enforcement, considers the position of a sovereign as a defendant analyzing the availability of special immunities and matters of defense and arbitration pertinent to sovereign debt. Part three of the book is concerned with complicating factors such as ecomic, political or banking crises and how these relate and complicate the task of addressing an unsustainable sovereign debt stock. In this section the particular and topical issues concerned with restructuring in a monetary union are explained. The fourth part provides ecomists' explanations of why and how sovereigns borrow and the causes of a sovereign debt, which enriches understanding by providing context to the purely legal aspects of the work. The book closes with a section which covers proposed reform to sovereign debt systems. Dedicated to the leading expert Lee Buchheit, this work contains comprehensive and rigorous analysis on sovereign debt management which specialist should be without.
- Author BiographyDr. Rosa Maria Lastra is Professor in International Financial and Monetary Law at the Centre for Commercial Law Studies (CCLS), Queen Mary, University of London. She is a member of Monetary Committee of the International Law Association (MOCOMILA), a founding member of the European Shadow Financial Regulatory Committee (ESFRC), a senior research associate of the Financial Markets Group of the London School of Economics and Political Science, and an affiliated scholar of the Centre for the Study of Central Banks at New York University School of Law.; Lee C. Buchheit is a partner based in the New York office of Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP. Mr. Buchheit's practice focuses on international and corporate transactions, including Eurocurrency financial transactions, sovereign debt management, privatization and project finance.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication23/04/2014
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight1072 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edited byLee Buchheit,Rosa M. Lastra
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.