All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the past two decades much attention has been focused on two major issues facing Soviet Jews: their struggle to emigrate and their efforts to practice their religion and culture within the Soviet Union. Altshuler's study provides the statistical background necessary to understand the characteristics of this Jewish population, including its occupational structure, patterns of residence, and membership in the Communist Party. He also provides important data illuminating issues of family composition and intermarriage.
- Author BiographyMORDECHAI ALTSHULER of the Institute of Contemporary Jewry of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem is a recognized expert on Soviet Jewry.
- Author(s)Mordechai Altshuler
- Date of Publication21/04/1987
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleStudies in Population & Urban Demography
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 5
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight597 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.