All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe present volume attempts, for the first time, a systematic comparison of the Soviet occupation policies in Austria and Germany after 1945. The question of why Austria was able to retain its sovereignty and achieve the withdrawal of occupation troops in 1955, while, in the same year, Moscow definitively cemented its doctrine of the existence of two German states, is the focal point of this study. The contributed articles examine, on the one hand, the often very similar procedures and policies implemented by the occupying power in the two zones while, on the other hand, inquiring into the fundamental differences in circumstances that initially prevailed after the war. At the same time, the dynamics of the interaction between the two areas in the process of their evolution is t igred.
- PublisherVandenhoeck & Ruprecht GmbH & Co KG
- Date of Publication31/12/2006
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationGottingen
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintVandenhoeck & Ruprecht GmbH & Co KG
- Content Noteillus.
- Weight185 g
- Edited byAndreas Hilger,Clemens Vollnhals,Mike Schmeitzner
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.