All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionCurrently comprising 16 titles across four stages - from beginner to upper intermediate - the series is carefully graded, lexically and structurally, to encourage children and young adults to read for pleasure and at speed. The stories are all, first and foremost, just that - stories, from ELT authors well kwn for their ability to craft original and engaging narratives to entertain and educate. Each reader contains striking and contemporary full-colour illustrations and photos, resource pages of well-scaffolded exercises, and an easy-to-use glossary. Titles in Levels 1 and 2 are 32 pages each, while titles in Levels 3 and 4 are 40 pages each. Each reader is available with or without an audio CD.
- Author BiographyPeter Viney started teaching English in 1971, after a research MA in English and American Studies. He is the co-author of many popular textbook series in both British English and American English, including Streamline English, New American Streamline, Grapevine, Main Street, Survival English, Basic Survival, Handshake and IN English. He is the co-author with his wife, Karen Viney, of thirteen video courses, including the English Channel series, the Grapevine Video series, Mystery Tour, Only in America, A Weekend Away and A Week By The Sea, as well as the ELT adaptations of Wallace and Gromit in A Grand Day Out, The Wrong Trousers and A Close Shave. He is also the author of self-study video-led materials. Peter was series editor of the Storylines series of graded readers, as well as the author of the Departures in Reading and Connections in Reading supplementary series for developing basic reading skills. He has written many graded readers for the Storylines series, as well as Striker! in the Penguin Readers series, and he has maintained a major interest in extensive reading. Peter co-wrote Learn English Handwriting and Basic English Reading Programme in the 1980s, designed to teach initial writing and reading to students from non-Roman alphabet cultures. Peter has recently revisited this area and the result is the new Fast Track to Reading (Garnet Education 2009). He has lectured and conducted teacher training seminars in many countries, and lives in Poole, UK. Video clip: Peter Viney, author of Fast Track to Reading, talks about how the book can be used and teaches a demonstration lesson.
- Author(s)Peter Viney
- PublisherGarnet Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication30/08/2013
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Series TitleGarnet Oracle Readers
- Place of PublicationReading
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2012
- ImprintGarnet Education
- Content Notefull colour illustrations
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Series Edited byPeter Viney
- Format DetailsSewn
- Edition StatementStudent Manual/Study Guide
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.