All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionMichael J. Coumatos, former US Space Command Director in charge of war games and a former National Security Agency advisor, and William B. Scott, editor-in-chief of Aviation Week & Space Techlogy and a nine-year Air Force veteran, collaborate with William J. Birnes, host of the History Channel's UFO Hunters , to imagine how the first six hours of World War III might play out. The authors take the reader deep inside the top secret facility that houses America's Strategic Command in Omaha, where US military commanders are playing a nuclear war game. They don't kw that the war they are gaming has already begun - in space. Financed by Iran, a rogue Russian scientist destroys military surveillance and communications satellites with an intense particle beam. Soon the United States will be completely blind, allowing the Iranians to launch a nuclear-tipped Sahab 4 missile into the soft underbelly of Europe. It's a race against time. Chock full of the actual techlogies and strategies the United States will have to use to protect their near-space assets, Space Wars describes a near-future nuclear threat that puts us all in the terrorists' nuclear sights. In a more quiet time, Space Wars would be an exciting work of fiction. But the United States is at war, and the most frightening thing about Space Wars is that it's all too real.
- Author BiographyMichael J. Coumatos is the former U.S. Space Command Director in charge of wargames and a former National Security Agency counterterrorism adviser.William B. Scott is the editor-in-chief of Aviation Week & Space Technology and a nine-year U.S. Air Force veteran who served as aircrew on nuclear sampling missions.William J. Birnes is the New York Times bestselling coauthor of The Day After Roswell and Worker in the Light.
- Author(s)Michael J. Coumatos,William B. Scott,William J. Birnes
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- Date of Publication23/06/2010
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date18/10/2011
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.