Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $46.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPublished by the American Geophysical Union as part of the Geophysical Mograph Series, Volume 125.This volume provides a comprehensive overview of our current observational kwledge, theoretical understanding, and numerical capability with regard to the phemena kwn as space weather. Space weather refers to conditions on the Sun and in the solar wind, magnetosphere, iosphere, and thermosphere that can influence the performance and reliability of space-borne and ground-based techlogical systems, and can endanger human life or health. The rapid advance in these techlogies has provided us with unprecedented capability and convenience, and we have come to rely on them more and more. Techlogy has reduced society's risk to many kinds of natural disasters, but through its own vulnerability, it has actually increased society's risk to space weather. Adverse conditions in the space environment can cause disruption of satellite operations, communications, navigation, and electric power distribution grids, leading to a variety of socioecomic losses.
- PublisherAmerican Geophysical Union
- Date of Publication01/01/2001
- SubjectTransport Technology
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Geophysical Union
- Weight1442 g
- Width224 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byGeorge L Siscoe,Howard J Singer,Paul Song
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $51.97Trending at AU $52.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.