All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines Space, as Time and Motion, as a complex, evolving topic, from the special perspective of modern semiotics. The distinguished community of scholars explore concepts of locus, boundary, grounding, borders, sites, and cultural surrounds as aspects of the idea of semiotic space. This collection is international and transdisciplinary in range and insight. A common theme which binds these viewpoints into a cohesive text is Law with respect to that Space called human affairs.
- Author BiographyThe Editor: Roberta Kevelson was the foremost international scholar of Semiotics from the point of view of Charles S. Peirce. She is known as the originator of that special branch of Semiotics that is focused on the Practical Sciences. Kevelson established and directed the Center for Semiotic Research at Penn State where she was Distinguished Professor of Philosophy. Professor Kevelson died in 1998. The Contributors: Roberta Kevelson, Marcel Danesi, Joseph Brent, W.T. Scott, William Pencak, Ingo J. Hueck, Norma Procopiow, Robert C.L. Moffat, Mariana Net, John Brigham, Joel Levin, Jose de Sousa e Brito, Vincent Colapietro.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/05/1996
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleCritic of Institutions
- Series Part/Volume Number10
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1996
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight510 g
- Edited byRoberta Kevelson
- Edition Statement2nd
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.88Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.