All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany childcare practitioners understand the importance of architecture in ensuring good provision for young children and their families. Whether making mir modifications to an existing facility, embarking on major improvements, or a new construction, this book will empower early years professionals to work with building professionals to create the best space for young children. It addresses the big things, such as efficient heating and ventilation, but more importantly suggests the smaller features that can provide an educationally stimulating environment. Spaces for Young Children looks at: * why architecture is important * a history of childcare environments * designing space for young children * details that enhance play * risk and challenge within a safe environment * the importance of outdoor play * the process of design, procurement and construction. Good architecture combines the practical with a sense of delight. A building can help to make children's experience of their early years care secure and inspiring. Drawing on experience from the UK and Europe, this second edition aims to ensure that advances in children's architecture will be well informed. It has been revised throughout and includes an overview of legal compliance, consulting with children, building for communities, local involvement and achieving high quality builds with small budgets.
- Author BiographyMark Dudek is a Research Fellow at the School of Architecture, University of Sheffield, and also runs his own architectural practice specialising in buildings for early years. Mark has published a number of books on early years architecture, school buildings and children's urban culture.
- Author(s)Mark Dudek
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/09/2012
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNational Children's Bureau Enterprises Ltd
- Content Note4-page 4-col plate section, 18 b&w illustrations
- Width210 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.