Spaces of Mobility: Essays on the Planning, Ethics, Engineering and Religion of Human Motion by Tore Sager, Thomas A Hoff, Sigurd Bergmann (Hardback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $164.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $56.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
About this product
- DescriptionHuman mobility is dramatically on the rise; globalization and modern techlogy have increased transportation and migration. Frequent journeys over large distances cause huge energy consumption, severely impact local and global natural environments and raise spiritual and ethical questions about our place in the world. 'Spaces of Mobility' presents an analysis of the socio-political, environmental, and ethical aspects of mobility. The volume brings together essays that examine why and how modern modes of transport emerge, considering their effect on society. The religious significance of contemporary travel is outlined, namely its impact on pilgrimage, Christology and ethics. The essays examine the interaction between humans and their surroundings and question how increased mobility affects human identity and self-understanding. 'Spaces of Mobility' will be of interest to students and scholars seeking to understand the impact of mobility on modern culture and society, the ethics behind contemporary transport systems and the conditions of immigrants in a world of constant travel.
- Author BiographySigurd Bergmann is Professor of Religious Studies at the Department of Archaeology and Religious Studies at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology in Trondheim. He is a member of the Royal Norwegian Society of Letters and Sciences and on the editorial boards of the journals Junge Kirche, Blackwell s Compass Religion, Theology, Ecotheology and Norsk Teologisk Tidskrift. He is the author of a number of books, most recently in English, God in Context: A Survey in Contextual Theology (Ashgate, 2003), Creation Set Free: The Spirit as Liberator of Nature (Eerdmans 2005), and Architecture, Aesth/Ethics and Religion (ed.) (IKO-Verlag/Transaction 2005). Thomas Hoff is Associate Professor in the Department of Psychology at the University of Oslo. Tore Sager is Professor in the Department of Civil and Transport Engineering at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Author(s)Sigurd Bergmann,Thomas A Hoff,Tore Sager
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2008
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationSheffield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEquinox Publishing Ltd
- Content Note18 figures
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.