Spaces of Representation: The Struggle for Social Justice in Postwar Guatemala by Michael T. Millar (Hardback, 2005)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSpaces of Representation: The Struggle for Social Justice in Postwar Guatemala juxtaposes a variety of contemporary Guatemalan discourses - literary fiction, testimonio, historical and political documents, and popular drama - calling into question such tions as truth, clarification, memory, and storytelling in the representation of human experience. It analyzes these texts in an effort to further a broader understanding of the dynamic social tensions that continue to exist in Guatemala despite the signing of the 1996 Peace Accords. This book illuminates the contemporary cultural production of Guatemala by highlighting peace and social justice - t as accomplished political and ecomic goals, but as perpetual motives for social transformation in Central America.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Michael T. Millar received his Ph.D. in Spanish from the University of Michigan and is Assistant Professor of Spanish and American Studies at Western Michigan University. He has conducted research in Guatemala and presented his work in many Central American countries and in the United States. Professor Millar has also published several articles on contemporary Central American cultural production.
- Author(s)Michael T. Millar
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2005
- Series TitleLatin America Interdisciplinary Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number11
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight330 g
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.