Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThe idea of the earth as a vessel in space came of age in an era shaped by space travel and the Cold War. Hohler's study brings together techlogy, science and ecology to explore the way this latter-day ark was invoked by politicians, environmentalists, cultural historians, writers of science fiction and many others across three decades.
- Author BiographySabine Hohler is Associate Professor of Science and Technology Studies at KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm. Originally trained as a physicist her research centres on the modern earth sciences and their perception of global spaces. Recent publications include Civilizing Nature: National Parks in a Global Historical Perspective (2012).
- Author(s)Sabine Hohler
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/12/2014
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleHistory and Philosophy of Technoscience
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPickering & Chatto (Publishers) Ltd
- Content Note8 black & white illustrations
- Weight540 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.