All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis concise, illustrated volume explores the remarkable history of Spain -- a thriving centre of Islamic civilisation for many centuries until its conquest by the Christian kings. Before long, this country has expanded to become one of the world's greatest empires, with traces of itc culture, language, and religion throughout the world. Among other historical topics, the author recounts events of the 20th century in which Spain descended into a bloody civil war and years of dictatorship, and emerged, almost miraculously, as a fully democratic state.
- Author BiographyFred James Hill is a specialist in the politics, history, and cultures of the Islamic world. He has travelled extensively in countries stretching from West Africa to the Indian Subcontinent.
- Author(s)Fred James Hill
- PublisherHippocrene Books Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/06/2001
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHippocrene Books Inc.,U.S.
- Out-of-print date04/03/2016
- Content Note50 b/w photos & maps
- Weight195 g
- Width180 mm
- Height125 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.