All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis guidebook is for trekkers tackling all or part of the GR1 (Sendero Historico) - 1250km of waymarked route across rthern Spain through the Pyrenean foothills from Puerto to Tarna at the western end to near L'Escala on the Mediterranean coast. Broken into 7 sections and 53 stages, the walking goes through remote landscapes, but accommodation is available every day, and the terrain is t difficult. Providing all the information trekkers will need, the guide combines practical information about planning your own itinerary, when to go, what to take and the accommodation, cuisine and terrain with general information about the varied geology and history of the area. Route description is accompanied by contoured mapping and stage and section summary information, as well as detailed information about any accommodation available en route. The GR1 meanders through some of the best scenery rthern Spain has to offer while visiting many medieval churches and castles from the time of the Christian kingdoms, the reconquest, the crusades and Spanish Unification as well as key locations in the development of modern Spain. And you'll have long views of the changing landscapes all the way, as the mountains of Spain are t cloaked in trees.
- Author BiographyJohn Hayes is a retired management consultant with degrees from Liverpool University and University College London. Immediately after finishing work in 2011 he embarked on an epic 5,000km trek across Europe, walking from Tarifa in Spain to Budapest. John first walked the GR1 in early 2013 and has made two return trips.
- Author(s)John Hayes
- PublisherCicerone Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2015
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicerone Press
- Content Notec90 colour photos and c60 route and area maps
- Weight340 g
- Width116 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.