All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionAuthor, Gary cements growing reputation...A collection of short stories that give a humorous account of life in a new country. (Salina Patel, The Hounslow Chronicle) I liked the fact that some of the short stories in this collection were connected and followed on from each other, but at the same time they are stand alone. Great for people like me who are slow readers, I can read a whole story on the train to work and t have to wait all day for the ending. (Carol Wiggins) I really enjoyed reading these short stories, they are easy to read. I would have liked it if there were more stories! (Maria, Goodreads) Amazon top 100 bestsellers. In this short story collection, Gary Troia shares his adventures and memoirs from his travels in Spain. How Not To Travel To The Alhambra, hung-over, the wrong fuel, the car breaks down. Will they ever make it to Granada? Poking A Carob Tree, a new home and new neighbours, just in time for Christmas. The Road To Ronda, a terrifying drive to Ronda, was it worth it? Gaudi, a flight to Barcelona for a kebab and a look at the Sagrada Familia. Spain Reborn, more commuting to London. Lets celebrate! Home From Home, a parallel world where the Spanish have taken over Weymouth. Three Common Carp, an epic battle with a whale and marlin it is t. Catania, a meeting with a Sicilian fox, some Neapolitans and a man with a camel haired coat. Bilbao, how very, very English! A collection of short stories and memoirs.
- Author BiographyGary Troia was born in South-East London and studied Spanish and Philosophy at Middlesex University and the Universidad de Deusto. In 2010, he left behind a career in education and moved to a small Spanish village, where he began his lifelong dream of writing. His first book, Spanish Yarns and Beyond, is a humorous account of his time in Spain. 'A great play on words, witty and well written, ' was how one reviewer described the book. A Bricklayer's Tales, published in 2013, is a collection of ten short stories, including: Angel Dust, the peculiar story of a man whose new life in America leads to conversations with Ancient Greek philosophers. Mrs. McClintock, an absurd farce in which a Glaswegian couple retire to Spain, and A Bricklayer's Tale, the story of a disillusioned, alcoholic bricklayer. Coming soon, Gary's debut novel. Gary now lives in Winchester, with his partner Marina where he continues to write.
- Author(s)Gary Troia
- Date of Publication10/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight91 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.