All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionTHE BASIC SPANISH SERIES, BASIC SPANISH FOR MEDICAL PERSONNEL, Enhanced Second Edition, is a communication manual designed to serve those in the medical professions who seek basic conversational skills in Spanish by presenting everyday situations that medical students, pre-professionals, and professionals may encounter at work settings such as hospitals, emergency rooms, doctors' offices, and clinics when dealing with Spanish-speaking patients and personnel in the United States. This worktext provides students with opportunities to apply, in a wide variety of practical contexts, the grammatical structures presented in the corresponding lessons of the BASIC SPANISH core text.
- Author BiographyAna C. Jarvis, a native of Paraguay, was born in Asuncion and attended school in Buenos Aires, Argentina. She received her Ph.D. in Spanish from the University of California, Riverside, in 1973. Dr. Jarvis retired from Chandler-Gilbert Community College after a long and distinguished career. Prior to CGCC, she taught at Mesa Community College; the University of California, Riverside; San Bernardino Valley College; Brigham Young University; and Riverside City College. In addition to authoring numerous Spanish textbooks, she has published several short stories in Spanish. In 1988, she was chosen as Faculty Member of the Year at Chandler-Gilbert Community College. Raquel Lebredo was born in Camaguey, Cuba. She attended school in Havana and later enrolled at the University of Havana, where she received a Ph.D. in Education. She was subsequently employed as an elementary school principal, and taught literature and language at a preparatory school in Havana. She moved to the United States after living in Spain for a period of time. Dr. Lebredo was awarded a Ph.D. in Spanish from the University of California, Riverside. Since then, she has taught Spanish at Claremont Graduate School, Crafton Hills College, the University of Redlands, and California Baptist University, and has authored several Spanish textbooks. In 1985, she was chosen as Faculty Member of the Year by the student body at California Baptist University, and in 1991 she received a YWCA Women of Achievement award. Francisco Mena-Ayllon, a native of Madrid, Spain, received his Ph.D. in Spanish from the University of California, Riverside, in 1973. He has taught Spanish language and literature courses at the University of California, Riverside; Oberlin College; California State University, Chico; the University of Redlands; and Crafton Hills College. In addition to authoring numerous Spanish textbooks in the United States, he has published a book about Federico Garcia Lorca and several volumes of his own poetry. His poetry has been published in Spain, Latin America, and the United States. His work has also been included in several anthologies of contemporary Spanish poets, and he is listed in Quien es Quien en las Letras Espa?olas, 1978 (Who's Who in Spanish Letters), as an important contributor to contemporary Spanish literature. Professor Mena-Ayllon is now retired.
- Author(s)Ana C. Jarvis,Francisco Mena-Ayllon,Raquel Lebredo
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2013
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Series TitleBasic Spanish Series
- Place of PublicationFlorence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHeinle & Heinle Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight782 g
- Width219 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Enhanced
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.