All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSpatial working memory is the ability to remember the location in which something is perceived, and in addition, the ability to recall a series of visited locations. In this book, top researchers in the domain of spatial working memory review and discuss findings about the processes and memory structures which underlie the ability to store and use spatial information. The first part of the book provides an examination of the working memory system, looking at the behavioural and neural processes involved in working with (visuo-) spatial information and how these can constrain the hypotheses that are generated. It also addresses methodological questions, for example looking at how the use of the appropriate method can ensure that the observed data are as informative as possible about the underlying structures. The remaining chapters focus on specific problems to do with spatial working memory such as how the working memory system can handle individual differences in representing spatial interactions, how the visuospatial system can support and interact with the environment and the verbal system, and how understanding these systems can shed light on the development of particular skills in children with developmental disorders. With contributions from leading international figures in the field, this book is the first to address the topic of spatial working memory from a range of theoretical and methodological perspectives. As such, it will serve as an indispensible tool for students and researchers interested in working memory.
- Author BiographyAndre Vandierendonck is Professor of Experimental Psychology and Director of the Doctoral School of Social and Behavioural Sciences at Ghent University, Belgium. Arnaud Szmalec is a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Experimental Psychology at Ghent University, Belgium.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/06/2011
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleCurrent Issues in Memory
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPsychology Press Ltd
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations, 3 colour illustrations, 3 black & white tables
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byAndre Vandierendonck,Arnaud Szmalec
Best Selling in Textbooks
- AU $22.95New
- AU $77.48New
- AU $36.45New
- AU $30.03New
- AU $78.48New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.52Trending at AU $64.59
- AU $21.92Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.08
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.31
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $94.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.