All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAttempts by ecologists to establish models for predicting the growth of a population or the fluctuations of a natural resource can be confounded by environmental heterogeneity. Spatio-Temporal Heterogeneity explores a range of available statistical methods to help ecologists in the attempt to unravel complexities, demonstrating how to place these changes into an understandable statistical framework. It addresses several key questions, including how to interpret the parameters of statistical models in relation to the biological and environmental realities, how to design a study to collect the best sample data and how to avoid pitfalls in modelling, design, statistical assessment and interpretation. Dutilleul uses a variety of examples to facilitate understanding, from plant ecology, earth and atmospheric sciences, animal biology, forestry and limlogy. The accompanying CD-ROM contains MATLAB and SAS codes to aid analyses.
- Author BiographyPierre R. L. Dutilleul is Professor, Department of Plant Science, McGill University, Associate Member, McGill School of Environment and Associate Member, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, McGill University.
- Author(s)Martin J. Lechowicz,Pierre R. L. Dutilleul
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication26/05/2011
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleEcology, Biodiversity and Conservation
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note93 b/w illus. 26 tables
- Weight780 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.94Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.