All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.19
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.04
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe Global Financial Crisis is in full swing. Banks and businesses are closing. Homes are foreclosed. Bernie Madoff has been arrested. Jobs and savings are lost forever. People are angry, very, very angry. A group of disgraced (and disgraceful) stockbrokers are enjoying a rainforest getaway weekend as a severe stormfront approaches. A deadly secret blows in from their past, carried by a mystery stalker, 'Guy Friendly, ' determined to execute each and every one of them with surgical precision and the wrath of an avenging demon. Their only protection comes in the form of Garfield Fletcher, former ship's cook, jilted lover, and w, fake private eye, courtesy of his ever-so-slightly-shady cousin, Henry Pinkert. The ink on Garfield's newly printed Certificate of Accreditation is barely dry when he finds himself up against the mystery killer who will inspire the most difficult choices Garfield has ever had to make. In award winning author, Jay Verney's third vel, Spawned Secrets, all of these ingredients, and more, come together for a surprising climax and aftermath, as old friends reunite in the strangest of circumstances, and new friends face tragedy and betrayal.
- Author BiographyJay Verney is an Australian author who has published novels, essays, short stories, poetry, memoir, magazine and newspaper columns, book and film reviews, and comics. Jay's first novel, A Mortality Tale, was shortlisted for the Australian/Vogel and Miles Franklin Literary Awards (and is available as both a paperback and an ebook). Jay has a PhD (in genre and crime fiction), and a Master's degree (memoir) in Creative Writing from the University of Queensland. In 2009, she received a Dean's Award for Outstanding Research Higher Degree Thesis for her PhD. Jay's second novel, Percussion, is available in both ebook and paperback, as is this, her third novel, Spawned Secrets. Her fourth novel, Summon Up The Blood, is a result of her PhD and is also a paperback and an ebook, along with the essay that accompanied the novel, Creating A Custom Fit In An Off-The-Rack Genre World. Jay's memoir, The Women Come & Go includes an essay, The Women Came & Went, a reflection on writing the memoir and how writers research and re-imagine history and lives. It's available in, wait for it, paperback and ebook formats, too. Celebrate. Jay has also published poetry. Volumes One and Two of The Mindful Art of Verandaku, along with Zenku 365, are waiting mindfully for you as ebooks and paperbacks. Very nice. Jay maintains several blogs: Transient Total Focus (www.jayverney.net), the mother ship; poetry blogs Veranda Life (www.verandalife.com), and Zen Kettle, (www.zenkettle.wordpress.com); and Last Cat On Mars (www.lastcatonmars.wordpress.com), a cartoon blog for connoisseurs of Lego and laughs. Enjoy, and thank you for reading.
- Author(s)Jay Verney
- PublisherJay Verney
- Date of Publication19/12/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJay Verney
- Out-of-print date30/06/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.