All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSPAZ is a thought provoking compilation of various experiences in modern day America. Its purpose is to evoke thought and conversation t just on the specific subjects and experiences in the vel but on life overall. It is chicken soup for the mind. A modern day philosophy book. Our youth of today have received one of the best educations a modern society can offer. However, challenging the cultural status quo is a foreign thought. Only wanting to please others is an admirable endeavor but will only promote the status quo with hope for real change. Our society, r our citizens, will achieve all they can achieve or create all they can create. All the research has t been done, all the conclusions have t been made, and all behavior is t predictable. A society is always undergoing cultural and governmental morph sis. Our youth has been told when to play, when to study, where to go, all in furtherance of protection. Free thinking is frivolous. SPAZ is a compilation of everyday experiences and reflection on some common and some t so common issues; money, responsibility, drugs, gambling and other subjects. There are answers, right way of looking at things, just a pragmatic analysis with religious or spiritual overtones. Its purpose is to solely provoke original thought. Our college students have reached a malaise in free thinking. They believe they are unique when in fact they accept all as it is given. Such education, bringing out the highest intellectual minds our society has ever had to offer, only to promote the status quo. Our young need to start thinking and have the courage to question everything. Stop trying to please and start trying to think independently.
- Author BiographyEthan Edwards has been a practicing attorney for the past thirty two years. Ethan supported himself through law school as a bouncer/bartender/manager of a local drinking establishment. For the first seven years of practicing law, he drove a limousine part time to supplement the income of his growing practice. He holds a private pilot's license. Having written an extensive legal treatise Ethan now writes political editorials addressing many everyday topics. Dear to his heart is the youth of America and how and if they will change the political landscape of tomorrow. The lack of passion for political issues among the younger generation is Ethan's concern. Hopefully this brief writing on contemporary issues will spark thought and passion for free thought and action. Surely our youth has to care about something which will drive them to take action, make change, think independently and reflect on a society and institutions to which they only seem to want to please.
- Author(s)Ethan Edwards
- Date of Publication08/08/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.18Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.