All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe fifth book in Thorogood's groundbreaking series of cultural guides takes Poland as its subject. Written in collaboration with the Adam Mickiewicz Institute, Speak the Culture: Poland provides a fast track to understanding the key events, figures and customs of this richly creative country in the heart of Europe. The book begins with an overview of the country's cultural foundations - the history, language and identity - before moving on to Poland's artistic achievements, from the Renaissance poetry of Mikolaj Rej to the films of Roman Polanski. The key figures of art, architecture, literature, philosophy, music, theatre and cinema are revealed succinctly and colorfully. The final section of Speak the Culture: Poland covers the country's living culture - its religion, social mores, education, ecomy and more. Only by grasping the culture of Poland will readers develop a fully rounded kwledge of this historic but little understood nation.
- Author(s)MR Andrew Whittaker
- Date of Publication01/05/2012
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width147 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.