All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInstructors and students understand that fear of public speaking is one of the biggest challenges in the introductory course. And that s where Speak with Courage comes in. Author and master teacher Martin McDermott has helped over 3,000 students overcome their fears and rise above speech anxiety by applying the right techniques. Speak with Courage offers 50+ diverse strategies class-tested, rhetorical, practical, and fun that help students at every stage of the speechmaking process, from getting started and choosing a topic to delivering the presentation and learning from the experience. Helpful and effective, this well-written and appealing text is the tool you need to get your students up and speaking with confidence. Speak with Courage is also available as an inexpensive e-book, a great add on to any course with a public speaking component.
- Author BiographyMartin McDermott is Associate Professor of Speech Communication at Brookdale Community College in Lincroft, New Jersey. A graduate of Rutgers University, he pursued graduate studies at Ohio State University, and was awarded a Distinguished Scholar Fellowship at the University of California, Santa Barbara, where he earned a master s degree in Communication Studies. Martin has taught more than 3,500 students during his tenure at several colleges and universities, grading over 15,000 presentations in the process and counting. An active member of the National Communication Association (NCA), Eastern Communication Association (ECA), and New Jersey Communication Association (NJCA), he also conducts continuing education workshops and coaches speakers of all levels in support of their personal and professional goals. A native of Trenton, New Jersey with family roots stretching back to Brazil, Italy, England, and Ireland he enjoys travel, film, song writing, athletics, and learning about a broad range of subjects. For more information about Martin McDermott s training and coaching services, please visit www.martinmcdermott.com.
- Author(s)Martin McDermott
- PublisherBedford Books
- Date of Publication15/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBedford Books
- Weight227 g
- Width137 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.