All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume draws together the experiences of seven South Asian NGOs in organizing rural and urban poor women for ecomic empowerment. Going beyond the rmal descriptive accounts of the work of these NGOs, it throws new light on how changes are occurring at the grassroots level, and analyses and defines ecomic empowerment from the perspective of the women themselves. Through seven detailed case studies, the book demonstrates how women are gaining increased access to, and control over, ecomic resources, and how this in turn has led to far-reaching socio-cultural and political changes at the individual, family, community and wider ecomy levels. It also shows how women are w building and taking control of their own organizations which are becoming more automous and financially self-reliant. This book will be of relevance to students of development and women's studies, development planners and practitioners, and women's organizations, as well as those with an interest in South Asia.
- Author BiographyMarilyn Carr is Chief of the Economic Empowerment Section of the United Nations Development Fund for Women. She is a development economist with over 20 years experience in Asia and Africa and specializes in the fields of small enterprise development and technology choice and diffusion.
- Author(s)Marilyn Carr
- PublisherITDG Publishing
- Date of Publication01/01/1996
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintITDG Publishing
- Weight414 g
- Width149 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byMartha Chen,Renana Jhabvala
- Edition Statementannotated edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $23.89Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.