All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Anita Hill was ten, she was picking cotton in rural Oklahoma. One of thirteen children, she grew up amidst a loving family who ran a small farm. By the time she was twenty-five, she was a graduate of Yale Law School and less than ten years later, she was sitting in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee, the subject of some of the most intense scrutiny and horrible vilification that anyone has experienced in modern times. She never wavered from her path.Only w do we meet that young farm girl, and the woman she is today--one of the most controversial figures in 20th century American history. Second-guessed by politicians on both sides of the fence, indicted by the media before she'd even had the chance to testify, Anita Hill netheless stood firm in a battle she never asked for. Now, after six years of hearing everyone else tell her story (often erroneously, frequently in slanderous terms), she has decided to tell it herself.During the Senate hearings, the press gave four times as much column space and air time to Clarence Thomas and his supporters as it did to Anita Hill and hers. Now it's her turn to be heard.
- Author BiographyAnita F. Hill, is a professor of social policy, law, and women's studies at Brandeis University, where she teaches courses on Race and the Law and Gender Equality. After receiving her JD from Yale Law School in 1980, she worked as the attorney-advisor to Clarence Thomas at the U.S. Department of Education. In 1991, she testified at the Senate confirmation hearings of Clarence Thomas. She gained national exposure when her allegations of sexual harassment were made public. She is the author of Speaking Truth to Power, in which she wrote about her experience as a witness in the Thomas hearings. She is also the author of Reimagining Equality: Stories of Gender, Race, and Finding Home. Hill has written widely on issues of race and gender in publications such as the New York Times, Newsweek, The Boston Globe, Critical Race Feminism, and others. She has appeared on Today, 60 Minutes, Meet the Press, and Face the Nation.
- Author(s)Anita Hill
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintRandom House USA Inc
- Weight318 g
- Width133 mm
- Height207 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.