Speaking for Spot: Be the Advocate Your Dog Needs to Live a Happy Healthy Longer Life by Nancy Kay, Dr Nancy Kay (Paperback / softback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.62Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $36.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAward winning veterinarian and author Dr. Nancy Kay provides an insider's guide to navigating the often overwhelming, confusing, and expensive world of veterinary medicine. With warmth, candor, and humor cultivated over 25-plus years of working with canine patients and their human companions Dr. Kay explains how to initiate and nurture a healthy relationship with your veterinarian. She provides expert advice and insider tips. You will learn how to: -Find a vet who is just the right fit -Avoid overvaccinating -Tackle tough medical decisions -Ask your vet the right questions to get the right answers -Advocate for your pet when the diagsis is cancer -Kw when to get a second opinion - Make wise decisions about pet health insurance - Kw when it's time to say goodbye Plus, you'll find descriptions of hundreds of common diseases and related points you should be certain to clarify before leaving your vet's office with a treatment plan in hand. Additionally, SPEAKING FOR SPOT provides you with lists of important questions to ask your vet when contemplating a new medication, general anesthesia, a major procedure, spaying/neutering, or breeding for your dog. Whether you are new to dogs or a seasoned veteran, and whether you share your home and heart with a healthy pup or an under-the-weather mature dog, Dr. Kay will provide you with a wealth of insights. Learn how to become a super- savvy medical advocate for your best friend. Visits to the vet will never be the same!
- Author BiographyDr. Nancy Kay graduated from Cornell College of Veterinary Medicine. Residency training was completed UC Davis. Dr. Kay is a board certified specialist in the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine and is published in several professional journals and textbooks. She lectures professionally to regional and national audiences, and her favorite topic is communication between veterinarians and their clients. Since the release of her book, Speaking for Spot: Be the Advocate Your Dog Needs to Live a Happy, Healthy, Longer Life, Dr. Kay has lectured and written extensively about medical advocacy. She was a featured guest on the popular National Public Radio show, Fresh Air with Terry Gross. Dr. Kay is a specialist in small animal internal medicine. As a way of providing support for those struggling emotionally with the illness or loss of a pet Dr. Kay founded and facilitates a community wide Client Support Group. She provides financial support for animal-centered nonprofit organizations via the Speaking for Spot Gives Back Program. Dr. Kay was the recipient of AAHA's 2009 Animal Welfare and Humane Ethics Award. Her book, Speaking for Spot received the 2009 The Dog Writers Association of America's Eukanuba Canine Health Award for recognition as the publication that best promotes the health and well being of dogs. Dr. Kay's personal life revolves around her husband (also a veterinarian), her three children (none of whom aspire to be veterinarians) and their menagerie of four-legged family members. When she's not writing, she spends her spare moments in the garden or horseback riding.
- Author(s)Dr Nancy Kay,Nancy Kay
- Date of Publication06/08/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight717 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.88Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.