All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionWhile the body has received significant attention in psychoanalysis and psychotherapy in the last couple of decades, this still focused primarily on the body of pathology - the body as speaking for (or on behalf of) the mind. Here, leading psychoanalysts and psychotherapists join with experts whose field is the body to examine and celebrate generative, creative, vital, and irreducible aspects of our embodiment.The book is divided into seven themes, each including a chapter by a therapist and ather by a specialist pondering various aspects of the body. Fashion journalists speak with a relational psychotherapist about beauty, a chef discusses sensuality with a couple therapist, and a Rabbi and a psychoanalyst speak of divinity and the body. This is a book aimed at igniting our imagination and faith in the possibility of living a full embodied life, and of integrating such practices within therapeutic and psychoanalytic work.
- Author BiographyLiron Lipkies is a relational body psychotherapist, accredited by the European Association of Body Psychotherapy and a Yoga therapist. She is part of the teaching faculty at Psychosoma, the post graduate body psychotherapy school at the Israeli Centre for Body Mind Medicine. Liron finds nature as an inspiring teacher for working with people, for living life and as a ground for being in relationships. Noa Oster is a relational body psychotherapist, accredited by the European Association of Body Psychotherapy. She lectures and teaches at Psychosoma, the post graduate relational body psychotherapy school at the Israeli Centre for Body Mind Medicine. She is also a dancer, and an explorer of body, mind and spirit. Asaf Rolef Ben-Shahar, PhD, is a relational psychotherapist from Israel, founder of two relational body psychotherapy programmes (in Israel and the UK), teaching and lecturing worldwide. His books include 'Anatomy of Therapy' and 'Touching the Relational Edge'. He is the Editor-in-Chief of 'The International Body Psychotherapy Journal', and an editor with 'Body Dance and Movement in Psychotherapy', 'Psychotherapy and Politics International' and 'Self and Society'.
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication19/05/2016
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Weight340 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byAsaf Rolef Ben-Shahar,Liron Lipkies,Noa Oster
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.