All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis study contributes to the emerging field of Global Gothic. It focuses on the survival and evolution of Gothic subgenres and tropes in selected contemporary vels, produced in geographies and histories far away from its Western cradle. Some Gothic features identified as universal such as the relationship between space and character, the sublime, the process of Othering, uncanny doubles and the dissolution of identity are explored. This study maintains that the vels under scrutiny, written by a wide variety of authors such as Adiga, Desai, Ishiguro, Mueller, Pamuk, Roberts and Rushdie, facilitate a fruitful dialogue between West and East under the sign of Gothic. A diverse critical apparatus is employed, including texts from Bhabha, Kristeva, Deleuze and Guattari, Derrida, Mishra and others.
- Author BiographyAdriana Raducanu is Assistant Professor in the English Language and Literature Department of Yeditepe University, Istanbul. She teaches English and Comparative Literature and has published on contemporary Gothic novels, Jungian criticism, postcolonial and gender studies.
- Author(s)Adriana Raducanu
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication27/03/2014
- SubjectLiterary Theory
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight280 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.