All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1943, Eddie Larson went to war. He was sent to the far reaches of western China, to a place nestled in the shadows of the mighty Himalayas-the infamous Hump-to fly whatever aircraft he could coax into the skies. He was one of the youngest pilots in the China-Burma-India Theater. This is a story of manic devotion to airplanes and all things flying in a time when the world experienced vast and remarkable changes. It is a story of a life truly well lived-a story of joy, and commitment, and finding adventure in the face of danger...and it is a story about horing those we have loved and lost. This is Ed Larson's story...
- Author BiographyEd Larson was born in Seattle, Washington on October 20, 1924. He attended local schools and developed a high interest in aviation and airplanes. Following graduation from high school in 1942, he enlisted in the US Army Air Forces at the age 17- with his parent's permission and a passion to become a pilot. After graduation from flight training, he was assigned as a single engine instructor where his flying skills became more highly developed. With termination of the flight training program, he was assigned to a B-24 training program and from that assignment was transferred to the China-Burma-India Theater of War as a copilot/pilot of transport aircraft involved in furnishing supplies for fighter groups operating against the Japanese. Following the end of World War II, Larson worked for several years in Alaska on tow boats transporting salmon from the fishing banks to canneries spread throughout Southeast Alaska. He returned to college in 1954, obtaining a Bachelor's and Master's Degree, which lead him to a teaching career of 30 years. Ed Larson currently lives in Santa Cruz, California, where he has been active in sailing and serving as a volunteer docent for the Santa Cruz Harbor. He has one daughter, two granddaughters, and five great grandchildren. His interest in aviation and boating continues from his earliest memories to the present day. Larson is also an active graphic artist and local writer. He has published two previous books and produced a number of commercial graphic art products.
- Author(s)Edward C Larson,MR Edward C Larson
- PublisherEdward Larson
- Date of Publication11/11/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEdward Larson
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight694 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.