All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKeisha and her family are just sitting down to Saturday-morning breakfast when the phone rings. Uh-oh! There seems to be a skunk at the community garden, and it's dug a hole under the shed. At the same time, Mr. Sanders can't deliver the mail to a certain house: crows keep dive-bombing him when he gets near the mailbox. Time for the Animal Rescue Team to spring into action! This time they've got two mysteries to solve: What could crows have against mail delivery? And what really dug that hole at the community garden--as Mama kws, it's too big to have been dug by a skunk. Once again, it'll take the whole team, along with help from some new friends, to sort out what, and who, is creating all this mayhem around town. Sue Stauffacher turns to her first series effort with Animal Rescue Team. With compelling plots based on actual events in her community, Sue has created a lovable cast of characters of boys and girls, kids and adults, who feel like people you'd meet at your neighborhood block party. Written in an accessible and engaging style meant to appeal to independent readers looking to be excited and entertained, and with subplots about friendship, siblings, the environment, and animal conservation, along with plenty of humor, these will be a hit with teachers and librarians, and parents, as well as kids themselves. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographySue Stauffacher lives with her husband and sons in a 150+-year-old farmhouse in the city of Grand Rapids, Michigan. Over the years, possums, bats, raccoons, mice, squirrels, crows, ducks, woodchucks, chipmunks, voles, skunks, bunnies, and a whole bunch of other critters have lived on the property. Though Sue is not a rehabilitator herself, she is passionate about helping kids know what to do when the wild meets the child. A longtime advocate for literacy, Sue speaks around the country, connecting kids with books to help grow lifelong readers. She is a former book reviewer, and her novels for young readers include Harry Sue, Donutheart, and Donuthead. To learn more about Sue and her books, visit her on the Web at www.suestauffacher.com. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Sue Stauffacher
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication15/05/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleAnimal Rescue Team (Paperback)
- Series Part/Volume Number02
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2011
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings
- Weight113 g
- Width132 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Priscilla Lamont
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.69
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.73
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.70
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.56
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.51
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $19.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.