Special Diets for Special Kids: Understanding and Implementing Special Diets to Aid in the Treatment of Autism and Related Developmental Disorders by Lisa Lewis (Paperback, 1998)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.25Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by booktopia_australia
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Lisa Lewis' contribution to the understanding of biomedical aspects of autism has been considerable. Her informative booklet An Experimental Intervention for Autism combined scientific principles with practical advice for parents in a very readable way. Its availability on the Internet has made it one of the most widely read and influential pieces ever written on autism. Her new book also concentrates on the practical applications of kwledge and understanding. It is well researched, well written and very much needed.' - Paul Shattock, Autism Research Unit, University of Sunderland Lisa Lewis explains, in this easy-to-read and accessible book, how and why to implement a dietary intervention strategy for helping children and adults with autism. Drawing upon her own success with removing gluten and casein from her son's diet, she answers the many questions parents and professionals might have about choosing a dietary intervention. Why choose a special diet? Are there tests to help me decide? Is there research to support this type of intervention? Will my child starve? What do I cook? In addition, she provides over 150 good-tasting recipes to get started on the diet -everything from spaghetti and meatballs to holiday treats and sweets and edible clay!
- Author BiographyLisa Lewis earned her PhD in biological anthropology from New York University, where she studied genetic variation. She now lives in New Jersey with her husband and two sons, Sam and Jacob. They enjoy hiking, bike riding, and music. Lisa also has her own cake decorating business, and dabbles in potichomania, which is reverse glass painting. Along with a partner, Karyn Seroussi, Lisa runs a website and publishes a newsletter for folks using dietary interventions. Contact her at www.AutismNDI.com.
- Author(s)Lisa Lewis
- PublisherFuture Horizons Incorporated
- Date of Publication15/01/1998
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationArlington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFuture Horizons Incorporated
- Content Noteforms
- Weight1014 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Foreword byBernard Rimland
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.05New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.85Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.