Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionThis must-have guide to special event production looks deep behind the scenes of an event and dissects what it is that creates success. It analyses the process - the planning and business aspects - to provide a unique guide to producing a variety of events from weddings to festivals. It explains thoroughly budgeting and resource concerns, planning and cost projections and the role of the well-crafted proposal. This new edition has been significantly updated to include: * Three new chapters: Event Design, Information Techlogy and Sustainability and Event Production. * Updated and new case studies from USA, Canada , India, Russia and Malaysia. * New Industry Voice feature, including an interview with industry experts from around the world commenting on their experiences of event planning and production. * New content on: techlogy, volunteers, venues and PR and marketing. * Enhanced online resources including: PowerPoint lecture slides, checklists, glossaries, additional questions and challenges, web links, sample contract templates, production schedule templates, and evaluation forms. Incorporating pedagogical features, this easy-to-read book is packed with photographs, diagrams, flow charts, checklists, sample forms, and real-life examples. It steps through the whole process from the creativity and proposal at the outset, to budgeting, the contract and risk management with event follow up to conclude. A must have resource for event planners, managers, caterers and students. This text is part two of a two book set - also available is Special Events Production: The Resources (978-1-138-78567-0). This book offers an in - depth guide to the technical aspects of a big event such as lighting and audio systems, visual presentation techlogy, special effects and temporary outdoor venues.
- Author BiographyDoug Matthews has over 30 years' experience in the events industry. For 19 years he owned an award-winning production company based in Vancouver, Canada, followed by lecturing at a local university. He continues to deliver guest lectures and to write on subjects concerning the industry.
- Author(s)Doug Matthews
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/09/2015
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note45 colour illustrations, 13 colour tables, 34 colour illustrations, 11 colour line drawings
- Weight771 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.