All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany books have been written about Second World War special forces operations in Europe and the Middle East. Much less has been said about such operations in South-East Asia - those launched against the Japanese in Sumatra and the Andaman Islands, and the Germans in Goa. These operations, and the exceptional men who took part in them, have been almost forgotten. David Miller, in this gripping account, sets the record straight. His book is based on extensive original research, including long-hidden family documents, revealing much information for the first time and his narrative is fascinating reading for anyone who is interested in special operations and the war against the Axis powers in South-East Asia. His history is the first general account of these operations - it is a landmark in the field.
- Author BiographyDavid Miller has had over seventy books published on subjects ranging from Richard the Lionheart and a shipwreck in the Falkland Islands to the samurai, U-boats and the Waterloo campaign of 1815. Among his most recent publications are books on mercy ships, the hidden story of prisoner exchanges in the Second World War, and Langsdorff and the Battle of the River Plate.
- Author(s)David Miller
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication09/11/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationSouth Yorkshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Military
- Content Note30 illustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.