All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionAn interdisciplinary collection of essays on the medical and social articulation of death, this anthology considers to what extent a subject as elusive as death can be examined. Though it touches us all, we can perceive it only in life - with the predictable result that we treat it either as a clinical or social problem to be managed or as a phemen to be studied quantitatively. This volume goes beyond these models to question self-reflexively how the management of death is organized and motivated and the ways that death is at once feared and embraced. Drawing on the very latest in the medical humanities, Spectacular Death gives us an enlightening new perspective on death from the classical world to the twenty-first century.
- Author BiographyTristanne Connolly is Associate Professor at St. Jerome's University in the University of Waterloo, Canada.
- PublisherIntellect Books
- Date of Publication04/05/2011
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCulture, Disease and Well-being: The Grey Zone of Health and Illness
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIntellect Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight717 g
- Width168 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byTristanne Connolly
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.