All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPure and applied mathematicians, physicists, scientists, and engineers use matrices and operators and their eigenvalues in quantum mechanics, fluid mechanics, structural analysis, acoustics, ecology, numerical analysis, and many other areas. However, in some applications the usual analysis based on eigenvalues fails. For example, eigenvalues are often ineffective for analyzing dynamical systems such as fluid flow, Markov chains, ecological models, and matrix iterations. That's where this book comes in. This is the authoritative work on nrmal matrices and operators, written by the authorities who made them famous. Each of the sixty sections is written as a self-contained essay. Each document is a lavishly illustrated introductory survey of its topic, complete with beautiful numerical experiments and all the right references. The breadth of included topics and the numerous applications that provide links between fields will make this an essential reference in mathematics and related sciences.
- Author BiographyLloyd N. Trefethen is Professor of Numerical Analysis and Head of the Numerical Analysis Group at the University of Oxford. Mark Embree is Assistant Professor of Computational and Applied Mathematics at Rice University.
- PrizesCommended for AAP/Professional and Scholarly Publishing Awards: Mathematics and Statistics 2005.
- Author(s)Lloyd N. Trefethen,Mark Embree
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication18/07/2005
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note289 line illus. 5 tables.
- Weight1028 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $91.10
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $24.79Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $36.18
- AU $36.69Trending at AU $37.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.