All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is the first to apply the Spectral Finite Element Method (SFEM) to inhomogeneous and anisotropic structures in a unified and systematic manner. Readers will gain understanding of how to formulate Spectral Finite Element; learn about wave behaviour in inhomogeneous and anisotropic media; and, be able to design some diagstic tools for monitoring the health of a structure. Tables, figures and graphs support the theory and case studies are included.
- Author BiographyProf. S. Gopalakrishnan is an Associate Professor at the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India. He has a decade of experience in applying wave based techniques for solving various structural engineering related problems. He is internationally recognized as one of the experts in the field, and is one of the few people responsible for popularizing the use of SFEM through his research publications and presentations. Dr A. Chakraborty is a Senior Researcher at General Motors India. Dr Roy Mahapatra is an Assistant Professor at the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India. His research activities are related to the mechanics and dynamics of solid-state engineering materials and structures, and the study of complex systems.
- Author(s)Abir Chakraborty,Debiprosad Roy Mahapatra,Srinivasan Gopalakrishnan
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication21/10/2010
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleComputational Fluid and Solid Mechanics
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note274 black & white illustrations, 4 black & white tables, biography
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of hardcover 1st ed. 2008
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.