All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlong with finite differences and finite elements, spectral methods are one of the three main methodologies for solving partial differential equations on computers. This book provides a detailed presentation of basic spectral algorithms, as well as a systematical presentation of basic convergence theory and error analysis for spectral methods. Readers of this book will be exposed to a unified framework for designing and analyzing spectral algorithms for a variety of problems, including in particular high-order differential equations and problems in unbounded domains. The book contains a large number of figures which are designed to illustrate various concepts stressed in the book. A set of basic matlab codes has been made available online to help the readers to develop their own spectral codes for their specific applications.
- Author BiographyJie Shen: Ph.D., Numerical Analysis, Universite de Paris-Sud, Orsay, France, 1987; B.S., Computational Mathematics, Peking University, China, 1982. Professor of Mathematics at Purdue University; Guest Professorships in Shanghai University and Xiamen University; Member of editorial boards for numerous top research journals. Tao Tang: Ph.D., Applied Mathematics, University of Leeds, 1989; Computational Mathematics, Peking University, China, 1984. Head and Chair Professor of Hong Kong Baptist University; Cheung Kong Chair Professor under Ministry of Education of China; Winner of a Leslie Fox Prize in 1988 and a Feng Kang Prize in Scientific Computing in 2003; Member of editorial boards for numerous top research journals. Lilian Wang: Ph.D, Computational Mathematics, Shanghai University, China 2000; B.S., Mathematics Education, Hunan University of Science and Technology, China, 1995. Assistant Professor of Mathematics, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. A prolific researcher with over twenty research papers in top journals.
- Author(s)Jie Shen,Li-Lian Wang,Tao Tang
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication25/08/2011
- Series TitleSpringer Series in Computational Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Number41
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight889 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $3.54Trending at AU $7.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.