All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThe articles in this collection are devoted to various problems in mathematical physics and mathematical analysis, primarily in the fields of spectral theory and the theory of wave processes. The collection is intended for mathematicians sPf>cializing in the fields of mathematical physics, functional analysis, and the theory of differential equations. In addition, it is of some interest to theoretical physicists. The first paper deals with a mixed boundary value problem for a system of elasticity equations, and considers fields in the neighborhood of various wave fronts. The method used permits an estimate of the errors in the Ben-Menahem approximate method. Paper 2 investigates operators in separable Hilbert space given by double integrals of a type defined at the beginning of the paper, and in which integration is understood as the limit of the integral sums of Riemann-stieltjes. In paper 3, the problem of calculation of elastic constants for a laminarly inhomogeneous semi-infinite medium is conSidered, and the uniqueness of the solution of the inverse seismic problem at finite depth proved. The fourth paper gives a detailed account of the results of an earlier paper by the same author, in which he generalized to the three-dimensional case the trace formulas obtained for the one-dimensional Schroedinger operator. Asymptotic estimates of the resolvent kernel and solutions of the scattering problem are given.
- Author(s)M. S. Birman
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication08/10/2012
- Series TitleTopics in Mathematical Physics
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight323 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.