All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.88Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.28Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
About this product
- DescriptionFascism, Islamism, Communism -- truth claims, promises of salvation and the unifying force of a common enemy. Radical ideologies may sound very different at first glance, but they do follow similar patterns and make use of similar methods. In Yemen's transition process today, Al-Hirak, a new secessionist movement, is resurrecting symbols of former South Yemen, the only Marxist state in Arabia. Based on a wide range of unpublished documents, this book provides answers to why and how this fundamentally alien ideology was once able to take root in Yemen and for the very first time sheds light on East Germany's vital role in Moscow's socialist state and nation building policy in the Global South.
- Author BiographyMiriam M. Muller (Joint PhD) received her doctorate jointly from the Free University of Berlin, Germany, and the University of Victoria, Canada, in Political Science and International Relations. As an expert on the politics of the Middle East she focuses her research and teaching on religious and political ideologies, development, and foreign and security policy.
- Author(s)Miriam M. Muller
- PublisherTranscript Verlag
- Date of Publication15/11/2015
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintTranscript Verlag
- Content Note4 b/w illus
- Weight680 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.