All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionSpectroscopic Data of Steroid Glycosides serves as an essential reference guide containing spectroscopic, physical and biological activity data of over 3500 steroid glycosides, offering the structures and the data of the naturally occurring glycosides of steroids. All compounds are arranged according to the structure of the aglycone, and, in its own class, according to the increasing molecular weight, making Spectroscopic Data of Steroid Glycosides extremely useful for the structure elucidation of new natural products, particularly glycosides. Spectroscopic Data of Steroid Glycosides offers a practical desk reference for all scientists and students interested in steroid glycosides and their biological and medicinal importance. The following data of the steroid glycosides, as available in published literature, are included: - Name of the compound, Chemical name of compound and its structure, - Source, name of the genus, species, authors, family of the biological source from which the glycoside has been isolated, - Melting point, - Specific rotation, - Molecule weight, - Molecular formula, - UV spectral data : maxima, e or log e , solvent, - IR peaks in cm-1 with medium in which the spectrum was taken e.g. KBr, nujol, etc, - Proton magnetic resonance (PMR) chemical shifts, multiplicity of the peaks, coupling constants with assignments, - 13C-NMR (CMR) chemical shifts with assignments, - Mass spectral data with the technique used (e.g. Electron Impact (E.I.), Fast Atom Bombardment (FAB), positive ion or negative ion mode or any other technique, - CD or ORD data, - Biological Activity, - Full reference from which data have been taken.
- Author BiographyProfessor Viqar Uddin Ahmad has been associated with the HEJ Research Institute of Chemistry since its establishment in 1967. Prof. Viqar's currents interests are on isolation and structure elucidation of new natural products. Some of them have interesting biological activities. For example: VArious eudesmane sesquiterpenes which showed antibacterial activity against Escherichia coli, Klebsiella ozaenoe, K. pneumonieae, Proteus vulgaris, Shigella boddi, Staphylococcus aureus, S. pyogenes andB. anthracis; some triterpenoidal and steroidal saponins exhibited toxicity in Brine Shrimp Lethality bioassay and antibacterial activity against Pseudomonas pseudomaliae, Co-rynebactterium xerosis etc. One of the saponins isolated from a Trukish plant manifested hypotensive activity in anaesthetized rat. Prof. Viqar Uddin Ahmad availed a Fulbright Fellowship of nine months in 1993. during his stay at Cornell University, Itacha, USA. Prof. Viqar Uddin Ahmad worked on the twelve step total synthesis of and alkaloid isolated from an insect. Prof. Viqar also dilivered lecturers in the chemistry departments of Central Michighan University, Michighan, Georgia Tech, Atlanta, georgia, State University, Atlanta, Georgia and Cornell University, Ithaca.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication05/04/2007
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note682 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight2590 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byAnwer Basha,Viqar Uddin Ahmad
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.