Spectroscopy and Optical Diagnostics for Gases: 2016 by Christopher S. Goldenstein, R. Mitchell Spearrin, Ronald K. Hanson (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $92.38Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $138.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis text provides an introduction to the science that governs the interaction of light and matter (in the gas phase). It provides readers with the basic kwledge to exploit the light-matter interaction to develop quantitative tools for gas analysis (i.e. optical diagstics) and understand and interpret the results of spectroscopic measurements. The authors pair the basics of gas-phase spectroscopy with coverage of key optical diagstic techniques utilized by practicing engineers and scientists to measure fundamental flow-field properties. The text is organized to cover three sub-topics of gas-phase spectroscopy: (1) spectral line positions, (2) spectral line strengths, and (3) spectral lineshapes by way of absorption, emission, and scattering interactions. The latter part of the book describes optical measurement techniques and equipment. Key subspecialties include laser induced fluorescence, tunable laser absorption spectroscopy, and wavelength modulation spectroscopy. It is ideal for students and practitioners across a range of applied sciences including mechanical, aerospace, chemical, and materials engineering.
- Author BiographyRonald K. Hanson is the Woodard Professor of Mechanical Engineering atStanford University. Prof. Hanson has been actively involved in teaching and appliedspectroscopy research at the High TemperatureGasdynamics Laboratory at Stanfordfor over 40 years, resulting in over 95 Ph.Ds being awarded under his supervision.The Hanson research group has published over 1000 technical papers, contributingto many advances in optical diagnostics, and also shock wave physics, chemicalkinetics, combustion science and advanced propulsion. Co-authors Dr. MitchellSpearrin and Dr. Christopher Goldenstein are former students of Prof. Hanson'sresearch group. R. Mitchell Spearrin is an Assistant Professor of Mechanical and AerospaceEngineering at the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA). Prof. Spearrin'sresearch focuses on spectroscopy and optical sensors with experimental applicationto dynamic flow fields in aerospace, energy, and biomedical systems. Christopher S. Goldenstein is an Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineeringat Purdue University. Prof. Goldenstein's research focuses on the development andapplication of laser-based sensors for studying energetic materials, energy systems,and trace gases.
- Author(s)Christopher S. Goldenstein,R. Mitchell Spearrin,Ronald K. Hanson
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication27/10/2015
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note100 black & white illustrations, 40 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight695 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.