All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSpeech Perception and Spoken Word Recognition features contributions from the field's leading scientists, and covers recent developments and current issues in the study of cognitive and neural mechanisms that take patterns of air vibrations and turn them 'magically' into meaning. The volume makes a unique theoretical contribution in linking behavioural and cognitive neuroscience research, and cutting across traditional strands of study, such as adult and developmental processing. The book: * Focusses on the state of the art in the study of speech perception and spoken word recognition * Discusses the interplay between behavioural and cognitive neuroscience evidence, and between adult and developmental research * Evaluates key theories in the field and relates them to recent empirical advances, including the relationship between speech perception and speech production, meaning representation and real-time activation, and bilingual and molingual spoken word recognition * Examines emerging areas of study such as word learning and time-course of memory consolidation, and how the science of human speech perception can help computer speech recognition Overall this book presents a renewed focus on theoretical and developmental issues, as well as a multifaceted and broad review of the state of research, in speech perception and spoken word recognition. Particularly interested readers will be researchers of psycholinguistics and adjoining fields as well as advanced undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Author BiographyGareth Gaskell is Professor of Psychology at the University of York, UK. Jelena Mirkovic is Senior Lecturer in Psychology at York St John University, UK, and an Honorary Fellow at the University of York, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/07/2016
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCurrent Issues in the Psychology of Language
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables, 1 black & white halftones, 13 black & white line drawings
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byGareth M. Gaskell,Jelena Mirkovic
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $67.92Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $42.49
- AU $18.56Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.95Trending at AU $53.03
- AU $22.59Trending at AU $27.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.